ÑAWPA PACHA STYLE GUIDE
Please submit one hard copy and one electronic
copy of everything, including figures. Text
should be submitted in Microsoft Word, using a Times 12-point font. Everything,
including bibliography and notes, should be double-spaced. Figures should
be at a resolution of 300-600 dpi, in jpg format.
Parts of the manuscript
- Title—CAPS, centered
- Author(s)—include contact information for footnote
- English abstract, 100 words (150 words, more inclusive, if paper is in
- Spanish abstract, 100 words (150 words, more inclusive, if paper is in
- Text—leave at least
1" margins on all sides; double-space all.
Please do not right-justify
- Acknowledgments (secondary heading)
- Notes (secondary heading)
- References Cited (primary heading) Be sure to
double-space! Spell out author first names
- Tables—put each in a separate file, named “[your name] Table 1”
etc. Number tables consecutively. Title at the top
- Figure captions (separate file; do not include on figures)
- Figures(submit hard copy, plus jpg @ 300 dpi). Color OK if
crucial, otherwise B/W. No captions
on figures (these get type-set separately). For labels, use a sans serif font such as Helvetica Neue. Put each in a separate file, named “[your name] Figure 1”, etc.
Note: Figures will be placed within the text, rather than at the end of the article, so keep
in mind that the final width after reduction will be 3-3⁄8"
(one column wide), 7" (2 columns wide), or 9" (landscape, full page turned sideways).
To download the submission format style guide, click here.